Thursday, January 3, 2008

Letters To Home - October 26, 1951

Schweinfurt, Germany
October 26, 1951

After four days of rain, we're having warm weather again. Today was almost like early Spring. I hope the weather holds like this, because we're leaving for Grafenwohr soon.

We played football yesterday afternoon, also this afternoon. We seem to be playing a lot of football lately, since we've been getting quite a few of free afternoons.

I guess my last letter must have been on that airplane that was lost last week. I got your box in good shape about three weeks ago. Thanks for those extra socks; I can really use them. The fish will be very good on border patrol.

On one of my letters I said that I didn't know exactly what I want for Christmas, but I could use a few records for our day room. The ones I would like are the following: Woody Herman's "Sequence In Jazz" (Columbia LP), George Shearing's album on M-G-M LP, Sharkey's "Southern Comfort" on Capitol LP, and any of Les Brown's allbums, on Columbia or Coral LP, and finally, if you can't find any of those easily, Benny Goodman's "Carnegie Hall Concert" on Columbia LP. We really don't get too much good music here, and those albums would be a blessing for lots of us.

I'm afraid that your Christmas presents might be slightly late. I haven't been able to get a pass lately to do any shopping, but hope to once we get back from Grafenwohr.

The lights are about to go out, so will close. Please write soon.

No comments: