Monday, January 14, 2008

Letters To Home - June 30, 1952

Giessen, Germany
June 30, 1952

Your heat wave has finally gotten over here. Really hot for the past few days. This camp is mostly white concrete, and that makes it seem much hotter than it probably is. At night, though, it cools down, is almost chilly. Sleeping is good.

My leave starts at midnight tonight, but my train to Copenhagen doesn't leave until 1:43 tomorrow afternoon. I lose thirteen hours that I hadn't counted on because the girl at the station gave me the wrong information. That's all right, though. The First Sergeant says I can hang around the office until I get ready to leave.

Tell Mr. Carlson that I intend to go over to Malmo, Sweden for at least a day. It's just 20 miles by water from Copenhagen.

How does the new Plymouth run? Is it as good as the Dodge? Is the jeep still running?
I would like to borrown one of them when I get back in October for a little running around.

Do you have the coal bin remodeled yet? Who plays my records now, or does anyone?

I'm going to get some sleep now. Big day tomorrow. I'll send some pictures and cards from Copenhagen.

No comments: