Friday, January 4, 2008

Letters To Home - November 30, 1951

Schweinfurt, Germany
November 30, 1951

Just a few lines to let you know all is well. The weather has turned bad; lots of rain, and everything not paved is a sea of mud.

Did the Thanksgiving menu get there yet? It's a nice little book, isn't it? I was really surprised when I got mine.

Those pictures about Fort Benning were interesting, especially the ones covering the infiltration course. I went through it twice in one day; once in daylight and once at night.

I'm sending a few pictures to you that were taken from the back of our gun truck on the way from Grafenwohr to Schweinfurt. I think my little camera does a fine job. I looked it up in a catalog one of the guys got from home. It's listed in the catalog for $35.00. I got mine in the PX for $12.95.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a busy day. Some kind of inspection or parade, so I'd better get some sleep. Please write soon, and I will do the same.

No comments: