Sunday, January 13, 2008

Letters To Home - May 25, 1952

Schweinfurt, Germany
May 25, 1952

The weather is still a bit chilly for this time of year, I think. We're having lost of rain, but not much mud as yet.

We came back from Grafenwohr yesterday afternoon. We'll be staying here for another week, then back to Wildflecken to shoot for a week.

On Friday we got word that we'll all be moving out of Schweinfurt during the next month to a camp in Giessen. Look on the map I sent you and you'll find it directly north of Frankfurt, between Frankfurt and Marburg. The location seems all right, since it's close to Frankfurt, Kolh and Dusseldorf. I think it's close to the British and French zones, too. I understand the camp is not nearly as nice as this one, but I guess I can stand it for another three or four months.

I've finally fixed up some of the packages I want to send home. I found some empty bazooka rocket tubes that make wonderful mailing tubes for the large pictures. I'll be sending them soon, so please watch for them.

Nothing much is happening now, so will close. Please write soon.

P. S. I'm enclosing a label from one of the beers we get at the E. M. Club. It's called Tuborg, is made in Denmark, and is quite good.

No comments: