Monday, January 14, 2008

Letters To Home - June 12, 1952

Schweinfurt, Germany
June 12, 1952

Nothing much is happening here; just waiting for official word about our move.

The weather is hot and rainy most of the time, but it never seems to rain during the daytime. The roses in front of the mess hall are now in full bloom, which seems strange for early June. Most of the flowers we planted early in the Spring are out, too. Quite pretty around here right now.

Just got word that we are moving to Giessen on Wednesday morning. It's going to be about a 7-hour trip by convoy. We'll be going through some territory that is strange to us, so I think I'll enjoy the trip.

I still have my job in the orderly room; it gets better every day. My typing is beginning to improve, too, which pleases me.

Did the pictures and the package arrive yet? I was a bit worried about the envelopes I used.

That's about all for now, except that my leave starts on June 30. I'm taking 12 days in Munich this time. I really do like that city.

No comments: