Sunday, January 6, 2008

Letters To Home - January 31, 1952

Schweinfurt, Germany
January 31, 1952

We're having some terrible weather. It snows quite a bit, but isn't very cold, and the ground is pretty messy. Tonight it's raining, but is supposed to get colder by tomorrow.

Yesterday morning we went out to see how the Reo trucks behave in snow. I took a few pictures, will have them developed soon.

I didn't give my scheduled T. I. & E. class this week, but will next week, so I am told. That will be the week before we move to the French zone. I hope the next class will go over as well as the first one did.

Another bundle of papers arrived today, and also a package. It seems strange that almost every time we get ready to go out in the field, I get a package from home. I really do appreciate it. It will be used.

This will be a short letter, mainly because nothing much of interest has been happening lately. Please write soon, and I will do the same.

No comments: