Saturday, January 5, 2008

Letters To Home - January 11, 1952

Dachau, Germany
January 11, 1952

The weather is turning very warm. The classes are still interesting. It would be nice to stay here for about six weeks instead of just two. This seems to be the best deal I've found in the army.

Tell Mr. Mowry that his son is in a movie called "Decision Before Dawn." I'm reading the book right now, and if the picture is as good as the book, it will be one of the best. It was filmed in Germany in 16 different cities, according to the "Stars And Stripes." Much of the film was shot in Mannheim, Munich and Frankfort.

I'm sending along a post card of the market place in Munich. I hear that this is where Hitler got his start. Munich is really a beautiful city, maybe the prettiest in Germany, but Frankfort seems to be more modern.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to find Bernie. It's late, and I'm tired.

No comments: