Thursday, January 17, 2008

Letters To Home - August 18, 1952

Bad Bruckenau, Germany
August 15, 1952

We came back from Baumholder, stayed at Giessen for two days, are now on a three-day maneuver with the infantry. The weather is rainy, but warm.

It looks as though most of us will be home quite a bit before we're supposed to be. Nine of the guys have left this week, and none of them are due to get out untl October. This may be my last field trip in Germany.

Has "High Noon" played there yet? I saw it Wednesday night; very good movie, especially if you like Gary Cooper as I do.

Is "Auf Wiedersehn" first place on the Hit Parade over there? Over here it's an old song. When did it get started over there?

When I get back to Giessen I'll send some of the pictures I took in Copenhagen. If you get "Look Magazine," there is a good article about Germany in the latest one.

Did you get the jeep fixed yet? How are the Dodge and the Plymouth running? Which one do you think is the best?

Has anyone done any fishing this year? Maybe I'll get back in time to do some before it gets too cold.

The paper is still coming about the same as usual. It's getting so that I don't know anyone the paper writes about lately. I must have missed a whole group of people while I was gone to Cleveland and in the army.

Almost time for supper, so will close. Write soon, please.

No comments: