Saturday, January 5, 2008

Letters To Home - January 9, 1952

Dachau, Germany
January 9, 1952

Things here are going very well; much better than I expected. It's almost like being back in school again. This course is a course on public speaking, and being able to put over some information in an interesting manner. This is going to be a very pleasant two weeks, I think.

I'm supposed to get a week-end pass, am going into Munich and try to look up Bernie. I hope he won't be out on maneuvers.

The weather has turned very warm today, and the snow is almost gone. This is supposed to be unusual for Germany this time of year.

The instructors here should be teaching in some small college instead of in the Army. Just about the best I've ever run across. The Army should have people like these in basic training instead of what they do have, I think.

I just finished the outline of my scheduled lecture for tomorrow, so will close. We have four hours of lectures each day, then four hours of classes.

Please write soon. If I find Bernie, I'll tell you all about it.

No comments: