Monday, January 14, 2008

Letters To Home - June 22, 1952

Giessen, Germany
June 22, 1952

We have finally gotten things straightened out after the big move, and things are pretty much back to normal. It's quite crowded here, but we'll survive.

The trip up was very nice. It was more enjoyable for me, because I got to drive part of the way. Our truck is a little three-quarter ton Dodge, and a good one, too. Lots of power and speed. I enjoyed the driving, especially on the German version of our Pennsylvania Turn-Pike.

Just eight more days to go until I go on leave. I'd like to leave early on the 30th so I can catch the early train. The train goes directly north, instead of back-tracking to Frankfurt.

I'm sending some pictures I took with the new camera. I think they came out fine; this might be the camera I've been looking for.

I really hated to leave my German friends. They took me out for a final meal last week, and seem quite sad to have me leave. They were very good to me; I hope I can return the favor some time.

If Jim can find my old camera equipment, please have him take the batteries out of the flash attachment. I think I forgot to do that before I left. Also, there may be some film in the camera, with pictures on it. Maybe he could have them developed.

I'll send some cards and pictures from Copenhagen.

No comments: